How to Sue a Company for Poor Workmanship

If  you are dissatisfied with a service carried out by a company, you have the option to recover the financial costs by using a small claims court. In these courts, you cannot claim for anything other than money owed, or financial reimbursement. You cannot claim, for example, for emotional distress. It can be a little confusing if you are in the position of deciding whether or not to sue a company for poor workmanship, but have never been through the process before. Read More 

Parenting Orders: What You Need to Know

Child custody is a primary concern when a marriage or even a de facto relationship breaks. Issues related to this aspect of a divorce or separation are generally dealt with through local, family, or federal circuit courts. The law supports the development of parenting arrangements through verbal or written agreements; these are not legally enforceable. You can also obtain a consent order which is a written legal agreement that has been witnessed, signed and filed in court. Read More 

Understanding The One Year Criterion For A De Facto Visa

Migrating to Australia under a de facto spouse visa is for potential candidates who are currently in a de facto affiliation with a permanent resident or Australian citizen. A de facto visa Australia is formally known as the 820 visa or the Australia spouse visa. This type of visa is valid for two years. From then on, the de facto visa claimant is entitled to lodge an application for Australian permanent residence. Read More 

5 Creative Ways for Americans to Get Visas to Australia

Unfortunately, American citizens are not eligible for many of the Australian visas citizens of the commonwealth or many other countries of the world can access. However, if you are an American trying to immigrate to Australia, that does not mean that your dreams are hopeless—you just have to get a bit creative. Here are a few options to consider: 1. Get a skill If you have the right skills, you may be able to enter Australia as a skilled worker. Read More 

Conveyancing process for home buyers

Before getting the keys to your new home, there's a process that you have to undergo to transfer the property ownership called conveyance. You need to figure out how the gears work in the process to keep yourself from getting any surprises. Here is an outline of the process. Find a solicitor Most people dread the legalities and signing involved in transferring ownership. So if you are part of that crowd, then getting a solicitor or conveyancer would do you a lot of good. Read More